When I was pregnant with Brody I had a legit obsession with packing my Hospital bag. I would pack it, re-pack it, and pack it again. For some reason I felt this was like a vital piece to the having-a-baby puzzle and was certain if I didn’t have everything I needed, the world would end.
I used about 5 things from my bag, and realized I had forgotten a few things that I actually needed. I learned from my mistakes and was prepared for the Hospital when I had Harper. So… here’s my Hospital Bag Checklist to help you get organized and ready for the chaos that’s about to happen…
The best bag for the Hospital is probably going to be the Ju Ju Be Super Star. You will have plenty of room for everything the below.
- Insurance card, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate (even if you pre-registered with the hospital, pack it just in case)
- LOA paperwork (in case you forgot to have your doctor sign it before delivery like I did)
- 2 pairs of your favorite yoga pants
- Nursing Tanks or Bras (Bravado are my fave! check them out HERE)
- Huge comfortable underwear. Trust me this is a must!
- Slippers (my feet were so swollen I couldn’t wear shoes out of the hospital)
- Going home outfit
- Nursing Pillow – breastfeeding is no easy task and this can help getting a good position for nursing. My arm was sore from the IV so the pillow really helped getting comfortable.
- A pillow from home (hospital pillows suck)
- Maxi Pads (the big giant kind you don’t want to be caught buying in public)
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream
- Phone chargers
- Clothes for Hubby
- Diapers (sometimes they don’t have newborn diapers so bring some just in case)
- Wipes (our hospital only had dry wipes that you had to wet each time so I bring your own to be safe)
- Going home outfit
- Hat, lovey, blanket, etc. if you take in Hospital pictures
- Car Seat (they will usually have you put baby in the car seat before you leave)
There you go! You are ready to head to the Hospital and have a baby!! Make sure you have that bag packed and with you at those last few weekly appointments. For example, when I Pregnancy is unpredictable and you never know when it could be “go” time!
Good Luck & Happy Strolling!